Floral Design Recipe
by Ardith Beveridge, Tastemaker in Residence
3 glue dashes
2/3 block sculptured foam
Fresh water with flower food
1 apple (fresh or permanent botanical)
1 wood pick
Hot pan melt glue
10” orange wool ribbon
12” yellow wool rolled wool ribbon
3 stems Salal
5 orange Roses
4 stems yellow Spray Chrysanthemums
4 stems yellow Solidago
4 pieces Mitsumata cut in half
- Cut wide wool ribbon to fit around top of container. Place a glue dash on two opposite sides of container. Secure wide wool ribbon with dashes. Add wool rolled ribbon around, secure with glue dash.
- Cut, score, floral foam, soak in water with flower food, insert in container with foam 2” above lip of container. Add fresh water with flower food to container
- Insert salal around the base for a collar.
- Insert wood pick in hot glue, then into the apple. The opposite end is inserted into the foam.
- Introduce the roses one on each side and two on the top alternating the placements.
- Add solidago and daisy spray chrysanthemums into open spaces.
- Interweave foliage to conceal foam.
- Incorporate the half pieces of Mitsumata, placing both ends into the foam in a scalloping technique.