Bob's Roasted Nuts Recipe
by Bob Sutter, Guest Tastemaker
Tired of those three pound bags of Costco or Sam’s Club Almonds that are just not crunchy? Well here is a solution!
- You need a cookie sheet, parchment paper and olive oil spray, preferably real olive oil in a spray bottle.
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Cover the cookie sheet with the parchment paper.
- Spread the almonds on the parchment paper so they are one nut deep.
- Spray ever so slightly with the olive oil.
- Bake for around 12 minutes until your nuts are a bit darker but not a lot darker. This may take a bit of trial and error as it could take a bit longer depending on your oven and the thickness of the cookie sheet. Check them after 12 minutes and if they are not the right color, you can go a couple of minutes longer. Just do not burn your nuts!
- Remove from oven and let cool on the cookie sheet until they are room temperature.
- Then crunch/munch away.