Great Aunt Georgie's Passover Popovers
by Zehorit Heilicher, Tastemaker in Residence
Makes 12 Popovers
1 1/2 cups water
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups matzoh meal
1/2 cup shortening
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Boil water with salt, sugar and shortening.
3. Add cake meal all at once, Stir until mixed well. Cool slightly.
4. Beat in eggs one at a time. Let batter rest for 30 minutes.
5. Scoop batter into popover pan. Bake for about 50 minutes, until golden brown.
6. Cool completely before storing in an air tight container.