Creamy Coleslaw Recipe
A good coleslaw can serve as an all-purpose side dish. It goes with barbecue, with sandwiches with grilled chicken, even with steaks.
- 1 lb. (about 1/2 medium head) cabbage
- 1 medium onion, peeled and grated
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 6 radishes, grated
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 2 T. red wine vinegar
- 1 t. celery seeds
- 1 t. salt
- resh ground black pepper
- Quarter the cabbage head, trim off the core and remove the outer, dark green leaves. Cut each quarter across into the thinnest strips you can.
- Transfer the cabbage to a large mixing bowl. Add the onion, carrot, and radishes and toss together.
- Add the mayonnaise, vinegar, celery seeds, salt, and pepper to taste and gently toss with our hands, making sure the dressing is evenly distributed.
- Serve immediately or keep cold in a refrigerator or ice-filled cooler until ready to use, up to 48 hours.
From Mario Tailgates NASCAR Style Cookbook