Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer
by Ardith Beveridge, Tastemaker in Residence
- Round glass container 4” deep
- Flat cane Teal/Green ½” wide ///2 yards each (the flat cane in the water will gently tint the water adding to the lazy hazy crazy days of summer.
- 6-10 clothes pins natural
- 4 larger flowers
- 8 stems of foliage
- 4 stems of medium or smaller flowers
- Begin by pinning a length of Flat Cane to the lip of the container, as it forms around the container clip the flat cane with the clothes pin it to keep it in place.
- Repeat with the next color going around and over the top of the container, placing some Flat Cane in and out of the container for a three dimensional appearance. Clothes pinning as you choose.
- Add four gerbera or larger flower around the side first using the secured cane to help hold it in place
- Add flowers, foliages, accents around the edge and in the center as you choose.
- Add ice in the center with beer bottles or?