Perfect Beer Pairings for Thanksgiving
by Irina Vishnevskaya, Tastemaker in Residence
Irina's perfect beer pairing tips
- Ommegang Abby’s Belgian Dubbel a great pair for turkey, has many dark fruit flavors but isn’t too heavy
- Deschutes Chasin’ Freshies, Fresh Hop IPA because every beer list needs an IPA, and because this is the freshest IPA around, perfect for the heavy-ness of a Thanksgiving meal (you know, that feeling when you just need to make some more space in your stomach)
- Allagash white a modern interpretation of a Belgian wheat beer, this beer is brewed with plenty of wheat and spiced with coriander and orange peel- it’s fruity and refreshing, a great way to start a Thanksgiving meal
- Funkwerks Saison a great compliment to turkey, sweet potatoes and stuffing, good for refreshing the palate between bites
- At the end of the meal: Perennial Vermilion Barleywine Barleywine makes a great digestif (and we all know we need all the digestion help we can get after a big Thanksgiving meal). This one drinks like a liquid dark fruitcake; it’s a cozy, comforting way to wrap up a great day.