Thai Coconut Sweet Potatoes
by Mimi & Vera Levin, Tastemakers in Residence
When we think of Thanksgiving, we think tradition. When we daydream about the food, we have particular images and scents ingrained in our minds. This day is filled with culture and customs and experiences passed down from year to year, but why not change it up? This year, we encourage you to put a fun twist on your typical holiday dishes.
10 sweet potatoes
3/4 cup coconut milk
2 Tbsp thai red curry paste
½ cup light brown sugar
½ cup butter
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375°. Bake sweet potatoes in skin for 1 hour or until soft
- Meanwhile, heat coconut milk, ¼ cup brown sugar, and ¼ cup butter in saucepan.
- Peel and mash potatoes, and add mixture to potatoes.
- Raise heat of oven to 400°. Bake potatoes in baking dish for 30 minutes.
- Pour remaining butter and brown sugar over potatoes and bake until brown on top