by Rebecca Matheson Ortiz, Tastemaker in Residence
For fluffy, cream-cheesy, drop biscuit-like cookies, try this recipe. Calories don’t count when it’s holiday season (aka: fall), right?!
(This recipe easily doubles)
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp honey
4 oz. cream cheese
2 Tbsp buttermilk (2 tbsp milk and about ½ tsp white vinegar if you don’t have buttermilk)
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 pinch baking soda (1/4 tsp for double batch)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
- Combine butter, sugar, egg and honey in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Blend in the cream cheese.
- Once well mixed, blend in buttermilk and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and combine into the mixture.
- Let chill in refrigerator for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drop on cookie sheet and cook 12-15 minutes (don’t let them get too brown or they dry out. Best when still pretty lightly colored.