Ricotta Herb Dumplings Recipe
by Kimberley Thompson, Tastemaker in Residence
Bring a large pot of salted water to boiling on your stove while you mix the dumplings.
Beat together in a large bowl:
1 c ricotta, (I am using homemade)
4 egg yolks
3 Tbsp. melted butter
Stir together in a separate bowl:
1/4 c. flour
1 c. Italian bread crumbs
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/3 c. parmesan
1/2 tsp. good Italian seasoning
1. Blend dry mixture into wet; lightly until all dry spots eliminated. Mixture will be firm.
2. Using a spoon and your hands (keep them wet to prevent sticking) shape the dough into tight balls the size of a SMALL egg.
3. You might need a couple more tablespoons of flour or breadcrumbs depending on the moisture content of your ricotta.
4. Drop into boiling water. Do about 8 or 10 at a time for 4 to 5 minutes. Gently rotate so they cook evenly.
5. Scoop out and drain. Put in individual bowls and top with your favorite marinara sauce. Grate fresh parmesan over the bowl and serve.