Tapioca Pudding Recipe
by Brenda Langton, Tastemaker in Residence
1 Cup Small pearl tapioca or tapioca granules
3 Cups Milk, soy milk, or almond milk
2 Cups Water
14 oz. Coconut milk (1 can)
2/3 Cup Sugar
1/2 tsp. Cardamom, ground or 1 t. vanilla
Pinch of salt
- Put the small pearl tapioca, milk, water and coconut milk in a saucepan and let the tapioca soak for an hour. If you are using granules, you can skip the soaking.
- Add the sugar, cardamom, and salt to the saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring, over medium-high heat. Turn the heat down to low and simmer for approximately 13 minutes (a little less if using granules), stirring often so the tapioca does not stick. (No white centers, must be clear)
- Ladle the pudding into bowls and let it set (you don’t need to cover the pudding).
- Serve it warm or at room temperature.
Makes 8 servings
- You can cut this recipe in half, but it keeps for a week in the fridge.
- Add Golden Raisins to the recipe