Roasted Eggplant Salsa Recipe
by Brenda Langton, Tastemaker in Residence
This is a great salsa with chips or added to your favorite quesadilla. It's also a delicious topping for broiled fish.
2 medium size eggplant, roasted
1 red bell pepper, roasted
1 green bell pepper, roasted
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1 large tomato, sliced small
3 large garlic cloves, minced
juice of one medium lemon
juice of one small lime
1/3 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
salt to taste
- Roast eggplant on top of stove over flame or in oven. Slice in half to cool.
- Scrape meat out and chop.
- Roast peppers in oven or on top of stove like the eggplant.
- Peel the peppers, use cool running water if roasted on top of stove.
- Dice peppers.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients together. Add salt and lemon juice if needed.
Makes 6 -8 Servings.