Miso Pate Recipe
by Brenda Langton, Tastemaker in Residence
1 1/2 cups Roasted tahini
1 tsp. Garlic salt or 1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 Tbsp. Basil, dried
4 Tbsp. Red or yellow miso (not dark brown)
1/2 - 3/4 cup Water
1 1/2 Tbsp. Parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp. Green onions, chopped (optional)
- Combine the tahini, garlic, basil and miso in a food processor mixer - an electric mixer or food processor will give the bet best texture, but you can get a good result mixing by hand with a sturdy whisk or wooden spoon.
- If using fresh garlic, add a little salt. Mix well. Ad the water 1/4 cup at a time, combining well after each addition.
- Roasted tahini varies in thickness, so if you tahini is very thick, use more water as needed to get a creamy, spreadable texture.
- IF the mixture separates, add more water and keep stirring. It will come together like a creamy peanut butter.
- Stir in the parsley and green onions.
Makes 2 Cups
- Good with vegetables
- Sesame seeds are high in Seratonin
- 1 Tbsp. of Miso added to a Marinara or other sauces, rounds it out.