Hot Dogs on a Stick Recipe
by Sue Zelickson, Tastemaker in Residence; Recipe courtesy of the Minnesota Heritage Cookbook
Fun for kids to make and eat.
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 cup milk
- 8-10 wieners
- 8-10 wooden sticks
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- Mix dry ingredients together; add egg and milk.
- Place wieners on wooden sticks; dip into batter.
- Heat oil to 375°; deep fry until golden brown.
Serves: 8-10 corn dogs. Fun for kids to make and eat.