by Kimberley Thompson, Tastemaker in Residence
1 narrow French baguette, sliced lengthwise.
4 Tbsp. of good olive oil with 1 clove of smashed garlic in it (allow to sit 10 minutes)
2 cups shredded Gruyere
- Split baguette lengthwise; toast cut side up under broiler until lightly toasted.
- Remove from oven and brush tops with garlicky olive oil.
- Evenly place shredded Gruyere on top of each long half.
- Gently press on cheese to adhere.
- Cut each half into 4 inch sections, place on broiler pan and put back under broiler to gently melt. No need to brown during this step.