Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
by Vicki Brunsvold, Tastemaker in Residence
4 cups mashed potatoes - Yukon Gold preferred
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 Tbsp flour
salt and pepper
Topping: Chopped chives - or - French-fried onions
- Mix mashed potatoes with cream cheese, shallot, eggs and flour, till blended and fluffy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Spoon into greased 2 qt baking dish
- If adding french fried onions, do so before baking uncovered one hour at 325.
- Or - add chopped chives when done baking
This recipe can be made a day ahead. Take out of fridge and warm to room temp before baking.