Cheesy Kale Chips Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Eat MORE VEGETABLES by Tricia Cornell
1 large bunch kale (about 10 oz.)
1 Tbsp. oil
1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan (1 oz.)
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper or 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1. Heat oven to 400°.
2. Trim tough center stems from kale and discard.
3. Slice leaves into 1- to 2-inch pieces and place in a large bowl.
4. Pour oil, cheese, and salt & pepper over kale and massage kale well with your hands, making sure every piece is covered, but not dripping, with oil.
5. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and spread kale in a single layer.
6. Place kale in oven and immediately reduce heat to 250°. Bake about 20 minutes, until crisp, stirring kale and turning pans halfway through. Keep an eagle eye toward the end: you want crisps, not brown.
7. When completely cool, store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Omit Parmesan and pepper. Stir 1 tsp. pimenton de la vera (smoked Spanish Paprika) and 1/2 tsp. sugar into the salt before adding.