Buffalo Meatloaf Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Jared Allen - The Quarterback Killer's Cookbook
- 2 lbs. ground buffalo
- 1/2 cup of Ritz crackers, ground
- 1 medium white onion, minced
- 1/2 cup celery, minced
- 1/2 cup carrot, minced
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, minced
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 Tbsp. Sriracha or other hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 T. canola or vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 325° F. In a large mixing bowl place buffalo, crackers, Worcestershire, onion, celery, bell pepper, garlic and onion powder, milk and hot sauce. Mix thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper, and cook 1 T. in the microwave to check flavor.
- In a nonstick loaf pan, brush oil on bottom and sides. Line bottom with parchment paper, evenly press the mixture into the loaf pan.
- Cover with foil and cook 30 minutes. Remove from oven, pour ketchup over top and return unvcovered to oven.
- Cook an additional 12 minutes. Remove form oven and let rest.
- Slice and serve with potatoes or as a sandwich.