Bacon Wrapped Dates Recipe
Courtesy of Bread & Wine by Shauna Niequist
1 8 oz. package pitted dates
4 oz. goat cheese or bleu cheese
1 16 oz. package bacon
- Slice alongside one side of each date, from the top to the bottom, so you can open it like a tiny book.
- Scoop a small amount of goat cheese into the center of each one, and then close it back up
- Cut the whole package of bacon in half, so that each long strip is now half as long. Wrap a half-slice of bacon around the outside of each date.
- Arrange seam side down in a baking dish or on a baking sheet with side to catch any grease. A foil pan is really nice for no cleanup.
- Bake at 400° for 20 to 25 minute, or until well browned and crispy. Drain on a paper towel, and serve warm or at room temperature, but definitely not hot, unless you want to burn the roof of your mouth so badly you don’t taste anything for days.