Bacon - Sweet 'n Spicy Recipe
by Vicki Brunsvold, Tastemaker in Residence
1 lb thick-cut bacon (Nueske brand is great)
2 Tbsp warm honey
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Stir together warm honey, cayenne, and black pepper.
- Using pastry brush, cover bacon slices with honey mixture.
- Place slices on a large broiler pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes then turn bacon over, bake 15-20 minutes more.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain.
Delicious for breakfast.
Cut into chunks and add to cheese appetizer platter.