Baba Ganoush Recipe
by Zehorit Heilicher, Tastemaker in Residence
See my story of Baba Ganoush
2 medium eggplants-pricked with a fork
1/2 Cup mayonnaise, (or tahini)
1 medium lemon, juiced
2 tsp. fresh minced garlic
1 Tbsp. ground cumin
1/2 Cup Parsley, minced fine
Salt and pepper
- Place eggplants directly on stovetop flame, rotating every few minutes, until eggplant is charred, cooked trough and juices are bubbling out. (About 15 minutes total or so).
- Handle eggplant carefully as it will be very hot. Make an X cut at bottom of each eggplant and place in a bowl or sink upright, to drain bitter juices.
- Into a large mixing bowl, scrape the flesh of each eggplant, discarding the outer dark skin.
- Place the cooked eggplant plus the rest of the ingredients in a bowl of a food processor and pulse lightly to create a smooth and even mixture. Season the eggplant mixture with salt and pepper and taste. Cool in fridge.
- Serve as dip with crackers, pita and/or vegetables.
- Can be kept in refrigerator, covered for up to 4 days.