Caramelized Pear and Gorgonzola Pizza
by Vicki Brunsvold, Tastemaker in Residence
1 12” baked pizza crust (optional: Gluten-free pizza crust)
1 firm pear (Bosc pear)
1 tsp butter
1 tsp olive oil
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup shredded Provolone cheese (or other mild cheese)
1/2 cup shredded prosciutto ham
1/4 cup Gorgonzola, crumbled
2 Tbsp balsamic drizzle
1 cup arugula
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet. Peel, core, and thinly slice pear then add pear slices and toss to coat. Cook 3-5 minutes over low-medium heat. Add brown sugar, stir and cook 3 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle shredded Provolone over pizza crust.
- Arrange single layer of caramelized pears on crust.
- Top with prosciutto and Gorgonzola
- Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes.
- Drizzle with balsamic, add arugula leaves to center of pizza and lightly drizzle arugula.