Sweet Potato and Chicken Kabobs
by Mimi Levin, Tastemaker in Residence
2 sweet potatoes
2 chicken breasts
1 onion (I like to use Vidalia onions when possible)
Red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper
- Prepare food before leaving on your camping trip.
- Soak skewers in water overnight.
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes; wash red peppers
- Cube sweet potatoes and chicken and place into a bowl
- Cut red pepper and onion into 1-inch pieces and add to bowl
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic
- Add 1/3 cup of honey, 1 tbsp red pepper flakes, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to the bowl
- Mix thoroughly
- Once the onion, chicken, peppers, and sweet potatoes are coated, add to skewers
- Store in plastic baggies in a cooler with ice
- When you get to the campsite, use the grill or the stove to cook your kabobs!