White Bean and Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
This is a sort of a Tuscan hummus. It is delicious with vegetables and crackers and can even make a nice sandwich spread. / / Makes 2 cups
1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 teaspoons white miso (optional)
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Place the tomatoes in a small bowl and cover them with warm water. Let them sit until the tomatoes are plump. Drain the tomatoes and then dice them.
- Combine the beans, miso, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and olive oil in a food processor or blender. Puree.
- Place the bean mixture in a bowl and fold in the tomatoes and rosemary.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste, perhaps adding more garlic or rosemary.
- Serve on crackers or toasted French bread.