Ginger Sweet HEEET
by Cindi Sutter, Founder & Editor of Spirited Table®
Ginger Sweet HEEET is my made up name for the recipe I created. I'm a Vodka drinker, so the opportunity to create my own cocktail with this new HEEET Hot Cinnamon Vodka from MERRYGO SPIRITS, was really quite fun.
My inspiration came from their tagline...Little Sweet Mixed With A Lot of Heat.
These are the ingredients I used.
Makes 1 cocktail
1 jigger HEEET hot cinnamon Vodka
4-5 oz. La Croix Curate - Melon Pomelo - Cantaloupe & Pink Grapefruit flavor
1/2 tsp. Sushi Ginger or grated fresh ginger
2-3 tsp. Organic Raw Blue Agave
Access to a mortar and pestle or use a thick spoon in a small bowl
- Start with 2-3 strips of ginger, fold the strips and then cut or shave the ginger; the smaller the pieces the better.
- Place in a mortar and pestle and muddle/crush as small as possible; a more liquid consistency is better. (First 2 images below taken after strips are muddled)
- Pour the Agave liquid over the ginger and mix it together.
- Add a jigger of HEEET (or as much as you prefer)
- Add ice and 4-5 ounces of La Croix
- Use a festive toothpick and thread it with extra ginger. You can also soak some ginger in the Agave liquid (see below) and let it float around if you like extra ginger to munch on.
- As you can see from the LaCroix can below, one can makes 2, possibly 3 cocktails
- You can use any sparkling water you prefer, I just liked the Melon Pomelo and you can find it at Costco.
- I used Hissho Sushi Ginger and WHOLESOME Blue Agave Sweetener. Use whatever you have or like best. Quantities on both of these items can be easily tweaked to your taste.