by Ardith Beveridge, Tastemaker in Residence
Head wreaths are very popular for brides, flower girls, table decorations, chair back decorations or proms, for all ages; and even for your dog!
Aluminum colored wire
Metallic colored wire
Thin long ribbon
Small pieces of eucalyptus foliage or a mixture of any small leaf foliages
Variety of colorful small flowers
- Measure the head of each person with a string.
- Cut the Aluminum wire an inch longer than the measured string. Fold the ends of the wire to make a small loop. (This is what will connect the finished head wreath).
- Begin by laying foliages on the main wire, wrap tightly with metallic wire all the way around to the opposite end. Tie off by wrapping around, making a knot.
- Cut stems completely off of the flowers. Put plenty of cold glue on the back of the flower to seal the moisture in the flower, place on the wreath.
- Add ribbons.
- Spray with Crowning Glory for a longer lasting design, following directions on the bottle. Place it in a sealed bag for storage