Jelly Bean Kid's Party Tips
by Ardith Beveridge, Tastemaker in Residence - photos by Cindi Sutter
Kid's choice...with or without extra jelly beans sprinkled all around!
Fresh or Permanent tree branch
Fresh floral foam
Fresh flowers to fit your theme-we used Gerbera daisies
Rocks and/or stones or large crystals
Strong needle or wood skewers
Favor cups (we used rubber cupcake holders)
- Place a fresh or permanent tree branch in fresh floral foam and place in a vase. You can also use fresh flowers, styrofoam for permanent botanicals in the base. Either way, place rocks or something in the bottom for physical weight.
- Use U glue dashes or a glue pan or glue gun (see photos below) to glue jelly beans on the branches throughout the tree.
- Add colorful flowers like Gerbera daisies to the base with jelly beans.
- Insert a half of a round toothpick into a jelly bean, place the other end of the toothpick into the center of the Gerbera Daisy. Place the flower into a colorful vase full of water.
- With a strong large needle and strong thread string jelly beans for bracelets, 6” to 7” depending on the age of the children. Tie up with ribbon.
- Using small skewers, stack jelly beans on one end of the skewer, place the other end in the design at the base of the jelly bean tree.
- Decorate with jelly beans in colorful small favor nut cups.
- Be creative with the remaining jelly beans, scatter them around the table for color and fun.
*For the photo shoot, we added these props
Cupcake rubber cups
Multi-colored plastic cups
Multi-colored vases with flowers
Here is the behind the scenes mechanics and preparation
Ready for the Party!