Coconut Macaroon Nests
by Mimi Levin, Tastemaker in Residence
8 egg whites
2 Tbsp. cane sugar
1 tsp. salt
28 oz. sweetened coconut flakes
Brach’s Jelly Bird Eggs
- Coat mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg whites, salt, and sugar until thoroughly combined.
- Add coconut flakes and mix.
- Add a scoop of the “batter” to each mini muffin cup, then press the bottom and side of the “batter” into the shape of a nest.
- Bake for 30 minutes (or until golden).
- Remove from oven, remove nests from muffin cups and let cool on baking rack.
- Once completely cooled, add 3 Brach’s Jelly Bird Eggs to each nest and enjoy!