Vicki's Pub Salad
by Vicki Brunsvold, Tastemaker in Residence
This is a perfect St. Patrick's Day Salad!
Serves 2-4 - Easily doubled
4 cups torn Boston or Bibb lettuce
4 cups selected salad bar ingredients - such as:
diced pickled beets
sliced green onions
diced hard-boiled eggs
4 oz blue cheese or cheddar wedges
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
1 tsp whole grain Dijon mustard
2-3 tsp water
salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk mayo, vinegar, tarragon, and mustard in small bowl until well blended.
- Whisk in enough water by teaspoonfuls to make dressing thin enough to pour.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange lettuce on a platter as the salad base. Attractively arrange salad bar ingredients over lettuce.
- Drizzle dressing over salad.