Fresh Peach Pie
by Vicki Brunsvold, Tastemaker in Residence
1 pre-baked pie crust
3 peaches, peeled and sliced
4-5 peaches, peeled, crushed to make 1 1/2 cups
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed, divided
- Fill pie crust with peach slices, sprinkle with 1/2 tsp lemon juice.
- Bring to boil over medium heat the crushed peaches, sugar, cornstarch, salt and butter.
- Stir constantly for one minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon juice and let cool.
- Pour cooled peach mixture over fresh peach slices.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.