Frozen Berry Espresso Bars/Pie
by Christina Meyer-Jax, Tastemaker in Residence
Perfect before sports snack that hydrates and provides whole food sources of energy. Omit coffee beans or use decaffeinated coffee if you do not want added caffeine.
2 cups oats
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup whole coffee beans (or 1/4 cup espresso powder)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup Bai Brasilia Blueberry (or other berry juice of choice)
6 tablespoons almond butter
1.5 cups dates (de-pitted)
- In a food processor process oats, coconut, coffee beans, baking powder and cinnamon till flour forms. Add blueberry bai, almond butter and dates till a sticky dough forms.
- Set aside 1 cup of your dough with the remaining dough press it down evenly in a 9×9 inch pyrex or baking pan.
3 cups strawberries cut up (fresh or frozen works)
1/2 cup dates (de-pitted)
2-4 tablespoons chia seeds
1/3 cup Bai Brazilla Blueberry or coconut water
1/3 cup coconut
- In a food processor or blender, blend strawberries, dates, chia seeds, blueberry Bai until smooth.
- Spread the strawberry mixture on top of your base layer.
- Sprinkle 1/3 coconut flakes on top of the strawberry mixture with the remaining 1 cup of oat mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350 then set aside to cool.
- Once cooled place in the freezer for at least two hours to set then cut right away into bars 12. Store in the freezer serve frozen.