Summer Flower Design - Cabbage!
by Ardith Beveridge, Tastemaker in Residence
Headed for an outdoor picnic on the deck? Want to surprise your host with an edible arrangement? Voila!
Design ring or tray
Flowers, greens, fruit, veggies
- Peal the large pretty layers from the outside of the cabbage
- Cut it in many equal parts, the smaller the wedges the more of a flower
- Place cut cabbage on cold water with ice cubes, it will blossom
- Remove from the water, set it in the design ring, add leaves you removed to the outside
- Create your own version with your favorite flowers and Summer fruit!
Floral Design Tips
- Use foliages from the hosts garden
- You can eat the cabbage as it has been in clean water
- Cut the center out and place a candle
- Have some family fun this summer and use radishes with the same floral process