by Spell Estate, Tastemaker in Residence & Cocktail images and recipe excerpted from Beach Cocktails by the Editors of Coastal Living. Copyright © 2017 Oxmoor House. Reprinted with permission from Time Inc. Books, a division of Time Inc. New York, NY. All rights reserved.
Join Spirited Tables' Create the best "beach" vacation for Mom and never leave your backyard! CONTEST! To enter share your beach party tips, recipes and photos and don’t forget to #STmomatbeach and tag @spiritedtable. Contest ends May 16th.
The kids will need some help from Dad (or another loving adult) for this one – but Mom will LOVE it. Hopefully the weather is nice enough to enjoy with a book or magazine outside!
Pair the Summer Sangria or the Beaujolais It On Me with a cheeseboard with these yummy spicy cashews.
1 ¼ cup cashews
2 Tbsp chopped rosemary
½ tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp kosher salt
1 Tbsp melted butter
Add the following to Cheeseboard
2-3 cheeses: I suggest a bleu, brie and manchego
Olives: I love castelvetrano
Thinly sliced prosciutto
- Place cashews on un-greased cookie sheet in a 375-degree oven for 10 min.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl
- Put warmed cashews in mixture and stir to coat.
- Add remaining ingredients to the cheeseboard as needed.
Keep it simple!
1 (750-milliliter) bottle Viognier or Sauvignon Blanc
1/2 cup (4 ounces) passion fruit-, mango-, or citrus-flavored rum or vodka
2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
1 mango, peeled and thinly sliced
1 cup fresh raspberries
1/4 cup Sweet-and-Sour Mix (page 24) or Simple Syrup (page 17)
- Combine all the ingredients in a large pitcher.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Add crushed ice to pitcher. Serve immediately.