Bahamian Breakfast Burrito
Ingredients (adjust quantities as needed)
Canned Black Beans
Jamaican or Cajun Seasoning Blend (choose which flavor profile you like best)
Shredded Colby Jack cheese (optional)
Tortilla (I use whole corn flour)
- Cook rice according to package directions. Towards the end of cooking add black beans (rinsed and drained) to rice pot.
- Add and stir in with rice/beans seasoning mix to taste (level of flavor and spiciness that mom prefers).
- Put tortillas on a pan in the oven until slightly warm.
- Scramble eggs
- Place a tortilla on a plate. Add a scoop of rice/bean mix to center of tortilla. Add a scoop of eggs on top of rice/beans.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top (optional) and fold over into a burrito.
- Serve with a side of pineapple slices!