Burrito Bowl in a Jar
by Mimi & Vera Levin, Tastemakers in Residence
Celebrate National Nutrition Month! read more....
1 onion, diced
1 pound ground chicken (you an use turkey or beef if you prefer)
1 cup brown rice (uncooked)
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 ear of corn (you can use frozen corn kernels if you prefer)
1 package Mexican cheese
1 cup black beans
Guacamole (you can make your own or purchase pre-made)
- Boil water and cook rice in a pot. Set aside.
- While rice is cooking, cook diced onion in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until brown.
- Stir in taco seasoning.
- Once rice is cooked, add to pan with chicken, onion, and taco seasoning.
- Once these ingredients are combined in the skillet, portion each into fifths, and place into 5 jars.
- Top each jar with sliced cheery tomatoes, corn, cheese, black beans, guacamole and salsa.
- Bring with you for a quick, healthy lunch or dinner on the go!