Nettles n’ Eggs
2 Tbsp of oil
1 large red onion, cleaned and diced
1 garlic clove, cleaned and minced
2 large bunches of nettle green, rinsed and roughly chopped
salt & pepper to taste
parmesan cheese to taste
- Turn oven to 375ºF.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and sauté for 3-5 minutes until translucent. Stir occasionally.
- Add garlic, nettles and season with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally till the nettles wilt and the moisture is removed from the pan, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Crack eggs into a separate dish and stir vigorously till combined.
- Add a tiny more oil to pan and stir in eggs till greens and eggs are thoroughly combined.
- Let eggs set for 1-2 minutes over medium heat and then pop into the oven to finish cooking.
- The egg mixture should be fully cooked after 15-20 minutes. Keep your eye on eggs and remove if they are done earlier.
- Season with more salt and pepper and parmesan cheese if you choose.