Clark Bartram's Blackened Fish Taco Salad
Recipe by Clark Bartram’s - (TestMaxMeals.com)
7 tilapia filets or other white fish filet 1 can organic corn kernels
1 tbsp. chili powder 1 small red onion, sliced
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper 1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika 1 can kidney or black beans drained and rinsed
1/4 tsp. onion powder 2 12 oz. bags of shredded iceberg lettuce
1 pinch of oregano 1 10 oz. bag of shredded purple cabbage
1 Tbsp. minced garlic 4 avocados, sliced
1 Tbsp. cilantro
- Pre-heat the oven to 375º.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the 7 tilapia fillets onto a pan. Be careful not to crowd the pan.
- Combine spices in a small dish. Sprinkle seasonings over tilapia fillets, season with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish into the oven for 25 minutes. Poke fish with a fork to see if it’s white and flaky. It might need 5 more minutes.
- Remove the fish from the oven and sprinkle with lime zest, then place filets aside in large glass dish.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high with a drizzle of olive oil, corn, red onion and red bell pepper. Sear for 1-2 minutes without stirring. Stir and cook another few minutes until vegetables are tender and caramelized.
- Add drained and rinsed black beans and heat for 1 minute.