Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
by Christina Meyer-Jax, Tastemaker in Residence-FOX 9 Morning BUZZ-12/20 (9:30 am)
1 head cauliflower cut into evenly sized florets
1 cup garbanzo flour
¾ cup water
1 tsp garlic powder
1/3 cup your favorite hot sauce (I used Franks Redhot)
1 Tbsp melted coconut oil (or butter)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a medium size bowl whisk together garbanzo flour, water and garlic powder. You may need to add a little more water depending on the thickness of the mixture. You want it to be thick but not too thick so that the cauliflower holds the coating.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick spray. You want to be sure the cauliflower is cut in somewhat even pieces so it cooks each piece evenly. Dip cauliflower into mixture, coating each side. Place on prepared baking tray. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 400.
- While cauliflower is in the oven, prepare your hot sauce mixture. Combine hot sauce and coconut oil in small bowl.(i.e. Franks Redhot or Cholula. Tabasco) Once cauliflower has cooked for 15 minutes, take it out and coat it with hot sauce mixture. You want to be sure you get it coated on all sides. Best to wait until its cool before tossing it in a bowl with the hot sauce.
- Place cauliflower back on your prepared tray and cook for an additional 20 minutes at 425