Tradition with Style
by Ardith Beveridge, Tastemaker in Residence
The floral design recipe below can be converted to any color flower you might choose to add a touch of light and pizzaz to your table. I'd love to see your creations, so send me a photo!
1 Design Ring—three sizes
- Submerge the floral foam (Oasis) in water and keep it wet
- Place large items in the foam first, pine cones, large flowers, ribbons, candle holders
- Add a variety of winter greens around the inside and outside of the foam, additional on the top
- Next, add the flowers that are a little larger to fill in the spaces with more foliages
- Finish with accent flowers
- Check water source and water daily with fresh clean unsalted water with flower food.
Designer’s Note - You can use a center candle in a vase or candle holders and tapered candles