The Best Simple Brussels Sprouts
by Mimi & Vera Levin, Tastemakers in Residence
2 lbs Brussels sprouts
4 Tbsp olive oil
½ lb. thick cut bacon
Salt and pepper
½ cup cranberries
- Wash Brussels sprouts, cut in half lengthwise, place in large mixing bowl, and add olive oil. Mix until each Brussels sprout is coated in olive oil
- In a large pan, cook bacon until crispy (I prefer mine extra-crispy, almost burnt!). Once the bacon is cooked, set aside to cool.
- Put the Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet (or two) and bake at 375 for 40 minutes or until crisp.
- Once the bacon is cool, crumble it into small pieces.
- Once the Brussels sprouts are done cooking, add salt, pepper, cranberries, and bacon and mix until thoroughly combined.