Butternut Squash Soup
by Mimi & Vera Levin, Tastemakers in Residence
2 large butternut squash
5 cups chicken stock
1 Vidalia onion
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
salt and pepper
- Peel and seed squash and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Chop Vidalia onion.
- In a large pot, put 1 tbsp. olive oil. Add onions and cook for roughly 10 minutes.
- Once the onions are translucent, add chicken stock and butternut squash. Cook for 20 minutes, or until the squash is soft.
- Pour what was in the pot into a large blender, and blend until smooth. Do this in small batches!
- Once the mixture is blended, add paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Top with fresh sage and thyme.