Brown Sugar Apple Crisp
by Mimi & Vera Levin, Tastemakers in Residence
Honeycrisp apples are a Minnesota favorite, but this recipe pairs perfectly with any of your favorite apples!
5 Honeycrisp apples
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup rolled oats
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg
2 tbsp. butter
¼ cup pecans
Vanilla bean ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Pour 1 cup of water into a baking dish (the apples will be placed on this to cook).
- Cut each apple in half, remove the core, and scoop a small “pocket” in each half.
- Combine brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pecans.
- Place a small pat of butter in each apple “pocket” and then add a scoop of the brown sugar and oats mixture until each apple “pocket” is full.
- Place the apples in the baking dish and cover loosely with tinfoil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla bean ice cream.