Brown Sugar & Honey Apple Crisp
Rigoni di Asiago's Mandarin- Mielbio Italian Honey adds a gooey & yummy consistency and flavor to Mimi Levins' original Brown Sugar Apple Crisp recipe!
5 Honeycrisp apples
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup rolled oats
2-3 Tbsp. Rigoni di Asiago's Mandarin- Mielbio Italian Honey
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg
2 tbsp. butter
¼ cup pecans
Vanilla bean ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Pour 1 cup of water into a baking dish (the apples will be placed on this to cook).
- Cut each apple in half, remove the core, and scoop a small “pocket” in each half.
- Combine brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pecans; add honey till a thicker consistency
- Place a small pat of butter in each apple “pocket” and then add a scoop of the brown sugar and oats mixture until each apple “pocket” is full.
- Place the apples in the baking dish and cover loosely with tinfoil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla bean ice cream or whipped cream