Cheesy Sweet Corn Dip
by Vicki Brunsvold, Tastemaker in Residence
2 Tbsp butter, divided
2 cups sweet corn kernels (from 2 ears corn)
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
2 green onions, sliced
1 jalapeno, finely diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded, additional for topping
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, additional for topping
salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn, saute until the corn starts to turn golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in same pan and add onion and pepper and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add green onions, jalapeño, and garlic and saute about 1 minute.
- Mix the corn, onions, peppers, sour cream, and cheeses in a bowl. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish and top with reserved cheeses.
- Bake until bubbling on the sides and golden on top, about 18-20 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.