Ames Farm Honey Cinnamon Buns
by Brenda Langton, Tastemaker in Residence
1/2 cup Ames Farm Honey, divided
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened and divided
1/2 cup chopped toasted nuts, optional
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 lb. frozen bread dough, thawed according to package directions
2/3 cup raisins
- Grease 12 muffin cups with 1 Tbsp butter
- To prepare honey nut topping, mix together 1 Tbsp butter, 1/4 cup Ames Farm Honey, and choppnuts. Place 1 tsp in each muffin cup.
- To prepare filling, mix together remaining 2 Tabsp butter, remaining 1/4 cup Ames Farm Honey and cinnamon.
- Roll out bread dough onto floured surface onto 18 x 8 inch rectangle.
- Spread filling evenly over dough, sprinkle evenly with raisins.
- Starting with long side, roll dough into a log. Cut log into 12 (1 1/2″ think) slices.
- Place 1 slice, cut-side up, into each prepared muffin cup.
- Set muffin pan in warm place and let dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Place muffin pan on foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at375 degrees for 20 minutes or until buns are golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cook in pan 5 minutes. Invert muffin pan to remove buns.