Raspberry Nutella Wontons
by Katie Chin, Tastemaker in Residence
Oh yum! How can this not be delicious? My kids love Nutella as a special treat and one day I was watching them devour some of it spread on a bagel while I was eating a bowl of raspberries and then boom! I got the idea to combine these two luscious things in a wonton for my new cookbook “Everyday Chinese Cookbook: 101 Delicious Recipes from My Mother’s Kitchen.” I just shot a how-to video of this recipe on littlethings.com. Click here to view. Whenever I’m browsing at Cost Plus World Market, I always pick up a few containers of Nutella in their gourmet foods section. Find more at sweetandsourchronicles.com
4 cups raspberries
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp corn starch
3/4 cup Nutella
8 round wonton wrappers
- Heat raspberries in a saucepan, stirring over heat until they reach a jam-like consistency.
- Add water, then sugar, stirring continuously until blended. Add cornstarch, stirring consistently until blended.
- Allow mixture to boil, then remove from heat. Strain mixture into bowl, keeping both liquids and solids.
- In a separate bowl, combine raspberry solids and Nutella. Stir well. Lay out wonton wrappers, and touch edges with egg wash. Spoon approximately 1 tsp. of Nutella mixture into the center of each wrapper, before folding in half and sealing.
- Deep fry dumplings in vegetable oil, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Using raspberry liquid as a sauce, plate and garnish dumplings.
- Add powdered sugar if desired.