Creamy Scrambled Eggs with Salmon and Dill
by Cindi Sutter, Founder of The Spirited Table® - Recipe from Sara S. Monick - a cooking instructor since 1977; Chef and culinary travel guide extraordinaire. She studied with Madeleine Kamman, Jacques Pepin, Nicholas Malgieri & Giuliano Bugialli.
I began taking Sara's cooking classes in 1987 and her recipes continue to be timeless treasures.
This makes an excellent brunch dish!
1 Tbsp butter (just enough to cover bottom of pan)
2 eggs, beaten
salt and white pepper
1 oz salmon, diced
1 tsp dill or chives
- Heat heavy sauté or saucepan to warm only. Add butter and melt. Add eggs off the heat. Cook stirring constantly until almost set. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in salmon and cook 2 minutes.
- Garnish with herbs. Serve on buttered or parmesan sprinkled toast points.
- (Could add goat, gruyere or creme cheese to the mix.)
- Walnut Oil makes a great dressing
- When using nuts, bake them first
- Toast Points: You can toast the bread and slice off the crust or buy Pepperidge Farm thin slices and Bake at less than 300°.