Mushrooms, Greens and Asparagus Pasta
by Brenda Langton, Tastemaker in Residence - Recipe by: Market Chef Beth Jones
1 package Very Prairie Nettle Pasta
1 package Very Prairie Beet Pasta
2 Tbsp sunflower oil
1-2 garlic scapes chopped finely, or 1-2 cloves garlic
6-8 oz fresh mushrooms (Cherry Tree House shitakes, morels, or other mushrooms)
1 bunch asparagus, washed, ends removed and cut into 1 inch pieces
3 cups washed chopped greens (nettles, chard, arugula or kale would all work)
1 pinch chili flakes, or a few shakes of your favorite hot sauce
¼ cup white wine
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
2 Tbsp chives, with flowers, chopped
¼ cup cheese of your choice (hard or soft cheeses will both work fine)
- Boil your pasta in salted water until just al dente.
- While the pasta is boiling heat the sunflower oil over medium high heat in a large sauté pan. Add the garlic scapes and mushrooms and cook for several minutes until the water has come out, and the mushrooms begin to caramelize. Add the asparagus, greens, chives, and chili flakes.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine, and add the drained pasta. Season to taste with salt and freshly cracked pepper and toss well.
- Garnish with the chives and serve in a large bowl.
- Pass your favorite cheese alongside.