Gloria's Molasses Pie = Pecan in Disguise
by Cindi Sutter, Founder & Editor of The Spirited Table® Recipe from Gloria Kenne
April is National Pecan Month! So here's one of the simplest pie recipes I know.
4 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp flour
1 cup Karo - dark or light
1 tsp vanilla
- Beat eggs well, mix flour with sugar and add to eggs.
- Add other ingredients in order given. Pour in to unbaked crust.
- Cook at 325° for 50 minutes or until firm in middle.
- Freezes great!
- You can top with whole pecans if you like. (Easier to do after about 15 minutes of cooking)
- I have made as many as 3 at a time and frozen them.
- Just needs a little blast in the microwave to serve.