Grilled Summer Veggie Salad
by Mimi & Vera Levin, Tastemakers in Residence
Spring has finally sprung and its time to trade those cozy leggings for cool shorts, fuzzy sweaters for breezy tanks, and clunky boots for chunky sandals. With the change in seasons comes a change in diet as many leave behind winter’s comfort foods in favor of a lighter fare. We are here to help you jump into warmer weather with three light and beautifully healthy salads!
Find Warm Lentil Salad and Beet Salad too!
4 ears of corn
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
1 red onion
¼ cup Olive oil
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
½ cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup goat cheese
- Chop zucchini, peppers, onion, and cherry tomatoes. Place in grill basket and grill until slightly charred.
- Lightly grill corn, while still on the cob.
- Once corn has been grilled, cut corn from cob and place in bowl
- Mix grilled corn, peppers, zucchini, onion, and tomatoes in bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard, juice from 1 lemon, salt, and pepper- this will be the dressing.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and crumble in goat cheese.
- Serve warm or cold!