by Mimi & Vera Levin, Tastemakers in Residence
Spring has finally sprung and its time to trade those cozy leggings for cool shorts, fuzzy sweaters for breezy tanks, and clunky boots for chunky sandals. With the change in seasons comes a change in diet as many leave behind winter’s comfort foods in favor of a lighter fare. We are here to help you jump into warmer weather with three light and beautifully healthy salads!
6 beets- washed and cut in half
½ cup goat cheese
1 package mixed greens
½ cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup toasted almonds
salt and pepper to taste
- Put beets in saucepan and cover with water. Cook for 30 minutes until tender. Drain and cool and cut into cubes.
- Once beets are cool, mix into mixed greens.
- Crumble goat cheese into salad and beets
- Mix balsamic vinegar, olive oil, juice from 1 orange, 1 pinch of salt, 1 pinch of pepper (this will be the salad dressing)
- Immediately before serving, add toasted almonds and dried cranberries
- Dress salad and serve!